Krurungal respects and fully commits to upholding the rights of all people it supports.
Krurungal is also committed to ensuring you are aware of your rights and responsibilities and are supported to exercise them.
What you can expect from us
- tell you about your rights and responsibilities;
- treat you with courtesy, dignity and respect;
- treat you fairly and without discrimination;
- give you information about our services and associated costs, as well as other services, within and outside Krurungal;
- involve you in decisions about your service, as well as our programs and policies, and support you to make informed choices;
- provide services that support your lifestyle, cultural, linguistic and religious background and preferences;
- protect your personal information and only use it for the right reasons;
- seek your feedback on our services, including complaints;
- promptly address enquiries and complaints about the support you get from us;
- support you to connect with other services, including advocates, interpreters and translators, if needed;
- support you to have a person to speak on your behalf for any purpose; and
- provide safe and appropriate services that are culturally relevant and that support your ongoing needs and goals.
How you can help us
As our client we ask that you:
- provide us with information that will help us best support you;
- tell us if things change or you cannot keep an appointment or commitment;
- act respectfully and safely towards other people using the service, and towards our staff and volunteers;
- provide us with feedback about our service and how we can work better;
- promptly pay the agreed fees associated with your services; and
- tell us as early as possible if our services are not required.